Discover the highest standard of workmanship quality for safety eyewear.
Safety Eyewear Program
Designate a Safety Coordinator or facilities director to administer the program.
Contact Prestige to schedule an initial appointment.
Employees obtain a copy of their most recent prescription (prescriptions expire every two years).
Prestige Lens Lab Optician visits your location to fit and dispense all safety eyewear.
Contact Prestige Lens Lab for new and exisiting employees that need additional services.
Protect your eyes with confidence – find the perfect safety eyewear expert. Our qualified professionals offer a wide range of high-quality safety eyewear options to ensure optimal protection in any environment. Don’t compromise on safety, trust our experts for all your eye protection needs.
THE SAFETY DIRECTORS’ CHECKLIST
In order for Prestige Lens lab to properly tailor your prescription eyewear program, we ask that you provide our staff with the following items prior to our visit. Our common goal is to have your employees out of their normal working position for as little a time as possible. It would benefit the program to have the following in place:
- Signed purchase order agreement and have an account opened with Prestige Lens Lab.
- Use of the medical facility or an open work area to display, fit and dispense the safety eyewear.
- Have all employees who need to be fitted with safety eyewear bring a copy of their most recent prescriptions (prescriptions expire every two years). A list of preferred providers is available upon request for testing and updating the prescriptions.
Transitions lenses are clear indoor and at night but automatically adjust their level of tint to changing light conditions outdoors. Transitions lenses block 100% of harmful UV rays. Transitions lenses contain patented photochromic dyes which cause the lens to activate – or darken – when exposed to ultraviolet (UV) rays from sunlight. The lenses help to reduce glare, diminish eye strain and fatigue.
Sometimes called “no-line bifocals”, these lenses eliminate the visible lines of traditional bi-focal and tri-focal lenses. They are true “multifocal” lenses that provide a gradual progression of many lens powers for all viewing distances.
Eyeglass Frame Materials:
Eyeglass frame materials have been revolutionized with the advent of new plastics and various type of metals. Our frame collection is fabricated from plastic, stainless steel, or metal, but can be made from any workable material. All lenses are fabricated using Poly or Trivex Lens material for its impact resistance in accordance to the ANSI Standards (Z-87). If you suffer from skin allergies, you might need hypoallergenic materials such as titanium or stainless steel to avoid a skin condition known as contact dermatitis.
WHAT DOES OSHA SAY?
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), an employer shall evaluate the workplace to determine if hazards are present which require the use of protective eyewear. If hazards are present, the employer shall:
- Select and have each employee use the appropriate types of protective eyewear that will protect them from the hazards identified.
- Select protective eyewear that properly fits each employee.
- The employer shall ensure that each affected employee uses appropriate eye or face protection when exposed to eye or face hazards from flying particles, molten metal, liquid chemicals, aids or caustic liquid, chemical gases or vapors, or potentially injurious
Need A Free Estimate?
Our team of experts is here to provide you with accurate and transparent pricing. Don’t hesitate – get your free estimate now!